Wednesday 30 March 2011

Reflections on Project 1

Concluding our first project, I am happy with my results even though they may not be consistent. I found the project to be a very challenging introduction to the world of Processing, considering my experience with code is very limited. Mostly, I was interested in figuring out what one can and can't do within the confines and parameters of a coding framework.

What I have learnt is to leave illustration and intricacy to the programs designed for such things, and rather, to take advantaged of the abilities of development and code i.e. the maths, the functions, the physics even!

If I were to improve my design, I think I would have perhaps stuck to one idea and expanded from there for a more effective set. So rather than four separate star patterns, just gone with the star mapping or typographic one, for example, and expanded it to fit all the panels.

My goals for our next assignment are to really knuckle down and focus on what is assigned to us, and really envision an application that encompasses the concept of transformation. I will endeavour to post more regularly to my blog with progress, inspiration and so forth to better understand my methods. Also, to allow myself to be freer and more experimental with my coding to see what I can formulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment